Tri-Ess (The Society for the Second Self) is an international educational, social and support group for heterosexual crossdressers, their partners, the spouses of married crossdressers and their families.
The Tri-Ess vision statement is expressed in the acronym FIBER:
I - Integration of our masculinity and femininity to create a happier, more complete, person as we use our enhanced understanding of ourselves in our daily lives.
B - Balance between masculinity and femininity in our total personalities.
E - Education of Crossdressers toward self-acceptance, education of our families toward understanding, and education of society toward the acceptance of Crossdressers as ordinary people with a special gender gift.
R - Relationship-building in the context of crossdressing.
History of Tri-Ess
Tri-Ess was founded in 1976 by the merging of two existing groups for crossdressers, Mamselle, a group formed by Carol Beecroft, and another group called the Foundation for Personality Expression (FPE), which was formed by Virginia Prince.
Tri-Ess Membership Publications and Programs
The Femme Mirror. A quarterly magazine covering a wide range of topics in crossdressing, including coming out stories, community news, etc.
Sweetheart Connection. A quarterly newsletter produced by wives, for wives of other crossdressers.
Big Sister Program. New members joining Tri-Ess have the option of being assigned a correspondence Big Sister, serves a supportive role during their first year of membership.
Pen Pal Program. For members who live far away from any chapters, Tri-Ess has a Pen Pal program.
Sisters Across the Sea Program. This program encourages international correspondence between Tri-Ess chapters in the United States and similar organizations abroad.
Tri-Ess also organizes events including an annual Holiday En Femme for crossdressers (held in November), and Spouses' and Partners' International Conference on Education (SPICE), a non-crossdressed event specifically for wives and couples.
- Tri-Ess Chi Delta Mu Chapter - New York City Metro Area
- Tri-Ess Nu Sigma Tau Chapter - Long Island New York Area
- Tri-Ess Tau Sigma Nu Epsilon Chapter - New England Area
- Tri-Ess Chi Epsilon Sigma Chapter - Baltimore, Maryland Metro Area
- Tri-Ess Sigma Nu Rho Chapter - Trenton, New Jersey Area
- Tri-Ess Chi Lambda Epsilon Chapter - Cleveland, Ohio Area
- Tri-Ess Lambda Mu Chapter - Lower Michigan Area
- Tri-Ess Nu Lambda Pi Chapter - Northern Michigan Area
- Tri-Ess Kappa Beta Chapter - Charlotte, North Carolina Metro Area
- Tri-Ess Sigma Epsilon Chapter - Atlanta, Georgia Metro Area
- Tri-Ess Sigma Rho Delta Chapter - Raleigh/Durham, North Carolina Metro Area
- Tri-Ess Sigma Mu Beta Chapter - Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- Tri-Ess Mu Beta Gamma Chapter - Miami, Florida Metro Area
- Tri-Ess Phi Epsilon Mu Chapter - Orlando, Florida Metro Area
- Tri-Ess Tri Beta Chapter - Tampa, Florida Metro Area
- Tri-Ess Alpha Tau Chapter - Austin, Texas Metro Area
- Tri-Ess Lambda Nu Tau Chapter - Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas Metro Area
- Tri-Ess Tau Chi Chapter - Houston, Texas Metro Area
- Tri-Ess Chi Chapter - Chicago, Illinois Metro Area
- Tri-Ess Chi Upsilon Iota Chapter - Champaign/Urbana, Illinois Area
- Tri-Ess Tau Epsilon Mu Chapter - Minneapolis/St.Paul, Minnesota Metro Area
- Tri-Ess Sigma Mu Chapter - Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma and Arkansas
- Tri-Ess Iota Kappa Phi Chapter - Cedar Rapids, Iowa Metro Area
- Tri-Ess Tau Sigma Kappa Chapter - Denver, Colorado Metro Area
- Tri-Ess Tau Epsilon Sigma Chapter - Seattle, Washington Metro Area
- Tri-Ess Alpha Chapter - Los Angeles, California Metro Area
- Tri-Ess Sigma Delta Gamma Chapter - Sacramento, California Metro Area
- Tri-Ess Alpha Zeta Chapter - Phoenix, Arizona Metro Area
- Tri-Ess Lambda Kappa Omicron Chapter - Orange County, California Metro Area
- Tri-Ess Tau Upsilon Chapter - Tucson, Arizona Metro Area
- Tri-Ess Theta Upsilon Gamma Chapter - Las Vegas, Nevada Metro Area