|This article needs more links to other articles to help connect it. Please help improve this article by adding links that are relevant to the context within the existing text.|
|Occupation||Journalist, television news anchor|
Victor Blackwell (born 1981) is an American journalist and television news anchor best known for New Day Saturday and Sunday on CNN, based in Atlanta, GA.
He was class president of his high school graduating class at Milford Mill Academy in 1999. Blackwell earned a B.A. in Broadcast Journalism from Howard University in Washington, D.C. While in college, he worked at Howard University’s public television station WHUT-TV. After college, Blackwell worked as a reporter and fill-in anchor at WHAG-TV in Hagerstown, MD. He also worked as a reporter and weekend anchor at WTLV/WJXX in Jacksonville, Florida. Blackwell was also the first black main anchor at WPBF in West Palm Beach, Florida. Blackwell joined CNN in 2012 as a correspondent, based at CNN’s southeast bureau. In 2013, Blackwell’s exclusive reporting on the mysterious death of Georgia teenager Kendrick Johnson led to investigations by the Office of Secretary of State of Georgia and the US Attorney for Georgia’s Middle District. In January 2014, Blackwell was promoted to co-host of New Day Saturday and Sunday with Christi Paul.
Awards and honors
In 2009, Blackwell received a Regional Emmy Award for Outstanding Feature Reporting. He was also nominated for a Regional Emmy in 2007, 2008, and 2011. Blackwell also received a Regional Edward R. Murrow Award for his reporting on the Stop Snitchin’ phenomenon and its impact on inner-city crime. Blackwell received the Unity Award from the Radio Television Digital News Association in 2007 for his reporting on the high school graduation rate of black boys.
- `Lateline' could be in peril. The Baltimore Sun. The Baltimore Sun. Retrieved on 1 July 2014.
- Victor Blackwell. WPBF. Archived from the original on December 22, 2015. Retrieved on 1 July 2014.
- Victor Blackwell named CNN co-anchor; at politico.com; retrieved June 2, 2014
- WPBF's Victor Blackwell Named Weekend Morning Anchor at CNN; at mediabistro.com; retrieved June 2, 2014
- Feds Probe Email Confession in Kendrick Johnson Case; at theburtonwire.com; published March 22, 2014; retrieved June 2, 2014
- CNN Names Christine Romans Co-Anchor or 'Early Start'; Victor Blackwell And Christi Paul To Anchor 'New Day Weekend', by The Deadline Team; at tv.yahoo.com; published January 6, 2014; retrieved April 23, 2014
- My Secret, by Joy Purdy; First Coast News; November 1, 2007; retrieved June 12, 2014
- New Day Saturday; at transcripts.cnn.com; published December 21, 2013; retrieved June 12, 2014. "I mean, to me, and I've said earlier an hour, I'm a black gay man, and when I read his comments, I wasn't surprised. This is a man who calls himself a bible thumper..."
- 2009 Suncoast Regional Emmy Awards; at archive.today; retrieved June 12, 2014
- 2007 Suncoast Regional Emmy Awards Broadcast/Cablecast Program Nominees; at archive.today; retrieved June 12, 2014
- 2008 Suncoast Regional Emmy Awards Broadcast/Cablecast Program Nominees; at archive.today; retrieved June 12, 2014
- The 35th Annual Suncoast Emmy Awards 2011 Program Nominees; at archive.today; retrieved June 12, 2014
- Regional Edward R. Murrow winners announced, by Cory Bergman; at lostremote.com; published March 28, 2007; retrieved June 12, 2014
- Offering a Fresh Perspective, by Elizabeth Jensen; at tvweek.com; retrieved June 12, 2014
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Victor Blackwell. The list of authors can be seen in the . As with LGBT Info, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0.|